Where We've Been (And, If We're on Top of Things, Where We Are Now)

Well, since we don't know Java, it seems like we'll just have to do this the sloppy way. Here's a new map of where we are and where we've been recently (since January 22nd). To see where we were before that, scroll down!


View Progression of Ze Great Car Cruise in a larger map

Monday, February 7, 2011

You're Lucky...



“You’re lucky it’s only 17 below out here. Just on the other side of the mountain it’s negative 36.” That’s what our friendly Wyoming State Trooper said when he came to check up on us and our melted tire. And now, as we sit in the car waiting for the AAA tow truck, we count ourselves lucky to have half a tank of gas (enough to keep the car running), food (leftover pizza from last night), and seat warmers. And a working radio (a small miracle after my can of ginger ale exploded and froze all over the electronics last night).

To keep our spirits up, here are some awesome things we’ve seen since entering Wyoming about two hours ago.

Thank goodness we came across a gun shop within 45 minutes of entering the state. I considering buying a rifle, just in case we fell into a ditch and had to hunt wildlife for survival. Or just to fit in. Whichever.

Because who doesn't need to pick up a saddle and feed when shopping for a necklace?
Signs for the highway we’re on, which is I-80 West. This probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to most of you, but Route 80 passes by about ten minutes from where my parents live…I get on 80 East to go to New York City, 80 West to go to my friend Nicole’s house, and that’s about it. Theoretically, I know 80 continues into Pennsylvania and even Ohio, but only mystically did I think Route 80 continued all the way to the west coast. Until today, when I was forced to face the fact that Route 80 exists West of Ohio, the Mississippi, and even west of the Dakotas (holy crap! I exist west of the Dakotas!).

Later, in an unrelated incident (we weren't even on I-80 anymore), we saw:
80 miles where? To what? We have no idea.

We also saw billboards advertising a Dinosaur Dig and The Museum of the Mountain Man. Fo Reelz.

So, at last, thank you Bob the extraordinary man who stopped for us to help us change our tire (and his family who waited patiently while he did so), and both state troopers who ended up stopping - the one who  actually helped, and the one who provided moral support. You were all very nice.
 
And thank you, Wyoming, for providing enough entertainment (I'm sure I saw things that I'm forgetting to write here) to keep us occupied on your roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment